The Consumers Guide to Portable Heaters, Fans & Air Con units
Cooling your home in summer: Fans, Air coolers & Portable Air Conditioning Units, what they do, how and when to use them. Recommended best buys.
The Home Heating Shop Guide to Portable Electric Heaters. The different types, how they work, using them properly and how to find the right one for your needs.
The Home Heating Shop Guide to Calor Gas Heaters The different types, how they work, safety and a handy calculator to show you how long your gas bottle will last.
Surviving the Winter with The Home Heating Shop
Don't get caught out by snow, storms, floods & power cuts.
- Your must-have home Emergency winter kit
- Tips on keeping warm
- What to do in a power cut
- Cooking and heating without electric or mains gas
Reading this page will help you through a winter crisis.
The Home Heating Shop is independent and unaffiliated to any appliance manufacturer.
We are dedicated to helping consumers manage energy use and reduce heating costs by providing advice on the correct use of portable heaters and air cooling appliances.
Some advertisers on this website are affiliate partners. If a visitor buys something from an affiliate, our website earns a small referral payment this goes towards the maintenance of our website.
- Yellow Warning of Ice affecting Scotland (Highlands & Eilean Siar)Yellow Warning of Ice affecting Scotland (Highlands & Eilean Siar) : Highland valid from 2300 Sun 17 Nov to 1000 Mon 18 Nov
- Yellow Warning of Ice affecting Scotland (Orkney & Shetland)Yellow Warning of Ice affecting Scotland (Orkney & Shetland) : Orkney Islands, Shetland Islands valid from 2300 Sun 17 Nov to 1000 Mon 18 Nov