7 Reasons why you need a Calor Gas Water Pump
1. Cheaper: A Calor Gas pump costs about half as much to run as a comparable petrol pump.
2. Quieter: Calor gas pumps are quieter than petrol or diesel, only 68db at 7 meters (about 20 feet away) that's about as loud as a dishwasher. From 100 ft you won't notice it's running.
3. Safer: The fuel is already securely & safely stored in a cylinder, you have no problems with fuel spillage or contamination as the fuel supply is sealed, you just clip on the regulator and the pump is ready to go.
4. Greener: Fewer exhaust emissions than petrol including CO2, NOx and Sox
5. Less refilling: 1 X 19kg cylinder of Propane will power a Greengear 2" water pump with a 30 metre lift and a flow of 416 liters per minute running at 75% capacity, for 34 hours (uses 1.1L per hour), more than enough for most jobs. An equivalent 2" petrol pump with a 4 liter fuel tank will run for about 4 hours (uses 1.2L per hour) before needing refilling.
6. Cheaper maintenance: Reduced cost in service and repairs compared to petrol water pumps
7. Easier to work add-on jobs: Any water pump soon pays for itself with additional services such as flood drainage, soak-away sump pump out, pond emptying etc... With a Calor Gas water pump you don't have to keep returning to the job to refill it.
Home owner? Why you need your own Calor Gas water Pump
If your home is prone to flooding, a Calor gas water pump is a safe alternative to petrol
No need to store flammable fuel or mess around with filling up a tank, Calor gas is the safe, quick and easy solution.
Use it to Empty ponds, pools, sprinkle lawns, drain sumps etc... as well.
If this was you last winter then get prepared.
Working? Then you need a Calor Gas Water Pump
Called out at 2 am on a very cold, wet & windy February morning to a burst pipe in the basement.
There's already 6 inches of muddy water to splash around in which need shifting before starting work.
Grab that petrol (or, please no, 2 stroke diesel) pump off the van, connect up the pipes then try & fill up the fuel tank without splashing petrol around or letting rainwater contaminate your fuel.
Fire it up and watch the lights go on in the street, a couple of doors open and some bright spark shouts out “Oi do you know what time it is”.
Or Get your Calor gas pump out, take 5 seconds to connect a cylinder (no umbrella needed), turn it on with no worries about disturbing the neighbours or having to refill it in the rain a few hours later.
Did you know: A Gas tumble dryer is more than 25% cheaper to run than an electric tumble dryer, see our article on Gas Tumble dryers.